Sunday 13 September 2009

Media Manifesto.

I was very pleased with my GCSE results, and hope that at least some of my grades will benefit me on my media AS course. From achieving B's in both english language and literature, I'm sure this will help me with writing essays in media.

To sum myself up as a person at this point, i feel i have concentrated more on my creative subjects, and this was reflected in my GCSE grades. From achieving an A in media last year, I hope to be able to take the skills i learnt then and take them further at AS level. From also getting A's in both graphics and textiles, I'm sure I will be able to use this for design ideas. 

I chose to take media at AS level because, I was interested in it last year at GCSE level, which made me want to take it further and develop my skills more in this subject. Also from passing last year I felt it would be good to build on my knowledge of the media. 

As I start sixth form, I have set myself the challenges of trying to pass all of my options. I hope that by doing less subjects I will be able to concentrate more on each and achieve higher grades.

My ultimate career aspirations are to do something associated with textiles or fashion. From doing media at AS level, I am hoping that this will further my knowledge in promotional work and will make me more aware of what happens in the media and how things work. From being able to research further into the media, this will enable me to have a clearer understanding of how to promote work through posters, magazines, advertisement etc.
To overcome obstacles that I find, I will try and use my experience from other subjects and see if I would be able to use them alongside media studies.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment